Monday, March 11, 2013

WELCOME SOUNDS OF SPRING

Everywhere the ditches are running.  The forest paths have turned from ice and snow to slush. Every time I open the door I can hear the geese.  The cardinals in the yards and forests are announcing their presence and availabillity with incessant whistles.  Today, I heard my favourite spring song.  The red winged blackbirds are back!  They're more assertive than melodic but their strident Geh BLEEEEEEEEEEE! means that spring really is here.  I took a photo of a group of them screeching their hearts out in a neighbour's birch tree.  Then I looked down to see my first robin of the year.  That's it, winter.  Your work here is done.  Off you go, now....there's a good season.  Byeeeeeee.... Don't let the screen door hit you on your way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment