Saturday, February 18, 2012

TOO MANY ROADS, MOZART!

Frokken Carreterra!

At supper the night before, Richard had inspired me to continue. I forget just how he did that now, something about taking the good with the bad. I didn't want to be a wuss, either. So on I trudged.

I think that on this day, I spent less than six hundred yards on an unpaved surface. I may be able to consider myself lectured now, but at the time, I was furious. I could handle the exit to Santander, built up areas, and poorly signed. It was to be expected. I got lost twice, and in the end, I created my own camino that morning, ending up on a parallel course to the signed route, and meeting several nice people along the way as I asked for help in finding my way. Keep the sea at your right shoulder and the mountains on the left, and you can't go wrong really. I ended up quite satisfied with my alternate route, especially when I saw the Way along the highway once again. I got back on the official route at Peñacastillo.

Here are some of the vistas from the day.







And my personal favourite....

No comments:

Post a Comment